Friday, March 26, 2010

Thoughts of poems and of spring..

I miss spring, I miss seasons, don't get me wrong living in Southern California as I now do, the weather is not something I should complain about, but weather is rather absent here. It never freezes or snows, it rains infrequently and it is never too hot or too humid in summer and since I was thinking of poems and then of spring, 'Daffodils' came to mind..

And besides after two posts of a more down-beat nature, it is time for something uplifting, and in the wonderful, but happier poem corner of my mind resides -

"Daffodils" (1804)
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


Wordsworth's poem continues - read the whole poem here and think of the re-emergence of spring, for many of you, I know, a very welcome thought.. and to go with the poem



No comments:

Post a Comment